My twenties were CRAZY...there was every high and every low you could possibly imagine. I look back on years 20-29 and I feel exhausted. These were the years where my children were born, I got my husband through Grad school, we decided to make the move away from family and everything familiar, and the years that Jeff and I discovered there wasn't anything we couldn't take on...together. I am so grateful for everything I have learned about myself and being a wife and mother over the past 10 years. I face the next 10 a little bit wiser, and even more sure of the Savior's incredible, love for each of his children. I am grateful for every experience I have had so far in my life. Even if there are a few lines around my eyes that didn't used to be there and a scale that doesn't seem to be as forgiving. Oh well... I look forward to what the next 10 years will bring...New members of our family and losing loved ones too, calls in the middle of the night (good and bad), 10more years with the love of my life, and a few precious more years with my children before they grow up and begin their own life's journey.
So enough of all of that...on to the pictures!!!
Landon has taken on a new hobby, as you can see, he is as always, Master of the Universe!! He has decided to add skateboarding to his long list of EXTREME hobbies.
Haylie is enjoying every minute of softball. Could this be because of the pink uniforms, the candy striped socks, the pink batting helmets or the fact that she hits a home run every time she is at bat? The answer is all of the above! I am always surprised when I see Haylie out on the field, sweating and standing with glove ready for the next ball to come her way.
4 comments:
When you girls were born, I knew "negative stuff," as we have often talked about. Knowing negative stuff is when you think you know stuff but you really don't. That's knowing LESS than nothing.
And now - another spring, adding another year. Be comforted that whatever your respective ages, mine is 20+ more! (No worries about how much the + is.)
Landon, what are you doing fifty feet in the air? Do you land on your feet or on the skateboard? I hope it's one of those.
Haylie, those socks are the coolest socks in the world! I can't wait for my week in Indiana. I will try not to embarrass you.
Love to you all!
This is the other Ma. Maryann, What a wonderful perspectiveyou have on life. An understanding that comes from knowing your divine origins and having felt the love of our Savior. You are an uplifting bright spot in all our lives.
Loved this Maryann. Thanks for writing it - you are such a good example, so strong.
& your kids are superstars!!!
It rained this morning, and I almost interrupted my language arts class to tell everyone that my grandson Landon played baseball in a rainstorm! So Landon, is it easier to slide into home when it's raining?
Today at school, there was a girl wearing striped socks. I think they went with her softball uniform. I almost stopped her in the hall to tell her that although her socks were very cool, they were not quite as cool as Haylie's.
The Fowler family makes me smile. We love you all!
Post a Comment