I can't believe my youngest, my daughter, is eight years old today. Haylie could not be more excited about this birthday. She is excited to take treats to school for her birthday celebration, she is excited for her Hawaiian Luau Birthday Party on Friday with all of her friends. She is excited to open her presents tonight and go to Achievement Days for the first time. She is also excited to be baptized. It is a special time in the life of a small person. To be eight and looking forward to your baptism day. I remember vividly my own baptism day and how excited I was to sit next to my dad, both of us wearing white and having him hold my hand. I was nervous to go into the water in front of everyone, but I looked into my father's face and knew he would help me. I remember holding onto my dad's wrist as he began the baptism prayer and thinking how strong he was. These are special memories for me, and I am overwhelmed that my daughter will now have spiritual memories of her own.
I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father that provided a way for my children to be happy and to return to Him. They will make their mistakes, but they also have access to the Atonement where they will find peace, forgiveness and comfort. My heart feels that in a small way I am letting go of my Haylie. I know that now the world may not seem as kind. There are evils and falls at every turn. My heart aches when I think of my children having to learn the lessons of the world. I know that in order to feel happiness they must feel pain. But Heavenly Father loves His children, and we can look toward our Savior and find the peace and comfort we cannot do without.
Haylie, you are my treasure. I pray that your God-given happiness will never dim. That though the world will present seemingly overhwelming trials, you will know that your Mother and Father love you with everything they have. Remember, you have a Father in Heaven who will sustain you and a Savior that gave His life for you. May you always smile in your sleep.
3 comments:
Wow Maryann, thankyou (for making me cry my head off.) I sure love that little gore of yours. It is bittersweet to see our children grow up and away from us. You & Jeff are wonderful parents. You can rest in the knowledge that you have brought your children up in truth and light. I look up to you so much.
Happy Birthday Haylie!
I remember when Maryann was 9 1/2 month pregnant with Haylie. Jeff & Maryann were moving to Cedar City and we had a caravan consisting of at least one car, two trucks, and one large van. I looked at that little family absolutely in the thick of things, yet were still excited, willing, and anxiously awaiting to welcome little Haylie.
The world is a better place because you (all of you!) are here.
Love to all,
Ma
i'm usually not too much of a crier - but somethings gotten into me lately and this post just made my eyes leak like a faucet - i love you haylie!
take care of your family Maryann, you 4 are always in my prayers
Ross
Post a Comment