Sunday, September 21, 2008

Another Saturday, another game, another TOUCHDOWN!!!

Here is the latest on the Broncos and Landon....

The Broncos lost on Saturday but Landon scored the one and only touchdown for his team. Landon played a hard game and he even played four different positions. He is the "go to" man when coach needs things done on the field. Landon was all over the place...he played everywhere!! The run in for his touchdown was awesome. He pulled out his trademark spin move twice and managed to get out of two other tackles as well. AWESOME!!!

After Landon barely made it over the line for the touchown a HUGE kid from the other team tackled him...hard. They both came down with a loud thud. The other kid was on top of Landon and Landon landed hard on the ground with the ball in his stomach. Needless to say landing on top of the ball with it in your gut with a 125 lb sixth grader on top of you is not good, in fact, Landon didn't get up. He laid there for a few moments (which in Mom time is 50 years) and the refs and the medic tent and Jeff and the other coaches ran out to see what had happened. Landon got up after being prompted by the medic team and started trying to walk off the field to loud applause by the spectators and all of the players. He was staggering and limping and holding his stomach halfway bent over, but his team mates were doing their best to help their star player off the field. The medic tent thought a rib may be broken at first but it turned out he got the breath knocked out of him and pretty banged up by tackle. The couch made him sit out for the next few plays stating, "If Landon can't get back in we are through!!" Landon was ready to get back in the game but the coach made him sit out a bit longer and drink ice water and rest for a few plays.

I was in HUGE trouble. I didn't get it on the video camera. Jeff and Landon were so disappointed that the tackle could not be watched over and over and over again. They wanted to see the injury and the greatest touchdown so far in Bronco's history. I however, will have a perfect memory of it forever. Not something I need to see again.

I did get a few pictures of the game...enjoy!





6 comments:

Matthew said...

Landon,
The Toquerville extension of your family has mixed emotions about your football experiences.

We love hearing about your successes, but we hate that we can't be there personally to cheer you on.

So, even though it doesn't mean the same to you when you read it:

GO LANDON! GO! YEAH! Wooohoo!

Matthew

Emily said...

Also, the Toquerville extension is a little relieved that we just have girls. So far.

Daron and Christina said...

Ogden joins the list of the disapointed that it was not captured on film. And by Ogden I mean just me, Daron.

Landon, you are one tough little man. Way to go!

Ma n Pa said...

I can feel the warm, moist air at the Pendleton Sports Complex. In my mind, I'm cheering for Landon, and between plays, Haylie and I are buying concessions! I miss you all!
Love,
Mom
P.S. I tried (and tried) to get on to Cartwheel Cutie's blog... but obviously I'm doing something wrong. Let me know if you have any further instructions!

Ross said...

The Logan extension also grieves the absence of a filmed touchdown. Either way, WAY TO GO LANDON!

Emily said...

Maryann, I just have to tell you how much I love reading about your kids. I am still giggling about Haylie's CCS. (I hope I got it right - don't tell her if I didn't!) Last night at work I took care of a little 11 year old super star ball player that could've been Landon. I was extra nice to him because he reminded me of my nephew in Indy. I probably shouldn't tell you about the three large pins sticking out of his leg & the external fixation holding his broken femur together. & I definitely shouldn't mention what sport he was playing...

Keep running Landon!