So Jeff and I took a "small" trip. We took advantage of Booma for the week, took a plane to Miami and left on a cruise for 5 days. It was to say the least...FABULOUS!! It could not have been better!
We were waited on hand and foot, we laid in the white sand and played in the crystal clear ocean. I am not sure when we will have the chance to take a trip like this again without the kids, but thank you Booma, it was wonderful!!
The first day we were on the resort Atlantis in Nassau, and for those of you who have not heard of this resort before take just a moment to Google it. It was spectacular. The resort has enormous beaches and the coolest aquarium I have ever seen. We spent almost the whole day on the beach and in the most beautiful clear blue water.
Wednesday there was a storm on the ocean so we couldn't port at the private island as planned so we napped, ate, people watched, ate, went to the eighties dance off and danced to Footloose and Wham, ate, ate and ate...then there was the Midnight Buffet....
Thursday we were in Key West where we rented bicycles for the day. We explored the island and went to the beach again. We had the most delicious Key Lime pie! We also went to Ernest Hemmingway's home and took a touristy photo of Jeff and I at the southern most point of the US. Very cool.
Friday morning we were back in Miami where we went to the beach again and looked for seashells and laid around and read. I might add that the Ensign is meant to be read under a beach umbrella with your feet in the sand, sipping a watermelon & mint drink from a frosty glass with a pink umbrella in it. We ate dinner at a Brazilian Steakhouse where all manner of meat was served to us off of swords and shaved off onto our plates by machete's. I had a lobster bisque that actually changed my life. Here is the view from our hotel room in Miami.
Saturday was perhaps the best day. I remember coming around the corner of Midnight Drive and seeing my two children. I can't believe how much I missed them. It was wonderful to spend time away alone with my husband, but seeing those two kids again was the highlight of the entire trip.
Thanks again Mom. The kids thoroughly enjoyed the week with you. I am so glad they had the chance to be with their Booma for a little while.
Jeff, thanks for a wonderful 5 days without the halflings. It is nice to be reminded why you fell in love in the first place. I love you! Whenever we need to be reminded of our Bahamas vacation we can stick our fingers in the sand that I got from Nassau that almost kept us out of the United States on the way back. :)
1 comment:
Wanna go on a cruise again next year with us?
Glad you could get away. There is nothing like bare feet in warm sand on the beach.
Post a Comment