
Haylie had a dress rehearsal for their Ballet/Tap Recital on Wednesday. It was so exciting! Lots of costumes, make-up, glitter, music, lights, and a beautiful stage. It was all very wonderful! Haylie and I had so much fun getting her all ready and waiting in the wings of the auditorium for her class's time to perform. They did so wonderful! They are definitely ready for the real thing Wednesday. After Haylie was safely on stage with the rest of her class (I was a stage Mom for her class) I went to my designated waiting area for them to be done. All of the sudden Miss Caroline (Haylie's teacher) comes out from behind the curtain with a panic stricken Haylie. There was blood gushing out of her knee running down her tights pooling in her ballet slipper, drops of blood dripping on the floor with every step. Now Haylie was playing a game of chase earlier this week and fell victim to a "flip flop" catastrophe. She ripped her knees up really badly on the road. At the end of her dance she landed on her knee and split the worst of her knees wide open and deep. Anyway, we got her cleaned up and ready for her tap routine. She took a while to rest her very sore knee and felt ready to wait with her class for their tap number when the news came....TORNADO WARNING. That means one is on its way. All 300+ of us were lead down the halls of the dark high school and told to sit with our backs against the walls and ....wait. We were there for about 30 minutes listening to the crazy howling and hail outside. Good day to be a stage Mom. Not. Anyway, the warning was lifted, we finished the last of the rehearsal and were all sent home.
Recital Wednesday! It's going to come off without a hitch because everything that could have possibly happened or gone wrong...did...tonight. Oh, I forgot to mention it was 90 degrees outside, 100% humidity...and the school's air conditioner was broken.
5 comments:
Wow! Costumes, GORGEOUS Haylie, hats, recitals, rehearsals, hail and tornadoes! Things are hoppin' in Indy! We can't wait for footage of the recital.
Love you all!
Wow--what an exciting (stressful) rehearsal! I wish I could be there tomorrow--I'd love to see you dance, Haylie! You're beautiful! Quite a dazzling young lady! We love and miss you guys!
By the way...you look a lot like your gorgeous mom! I'm glad I'm a sister and aunt to such wonderful girls!
Jaw on the floor. Is that my little niece Haylie? Do you remember her "cute face" from when she was about 2 years old? & now look at her! I'm going to cry she looks so grown up & beautiful. (I don't know why that makes me want to cry, but it does.) Break a leg tomorrow night Haylie! ;)
How do you wake up Lady Gaga?
Poke her face.
& if that doesn't work?
Just dance.
Post a Comment