Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Sis



First, I know that this picture has been used before on one of our (mine or Emily's) birthdays before, but it has to be in my top 5 of all time favorite pictures. Who in the entire world is having a better time than these two little girls?

Em, I love that I grew up with you. I love that you came so soon after I did so that I would never remember a day without you. I love that I still have things I stole from you in High School and KNOW you have stuff of mine. I love that I can call you and just start talking to you without giving any history or details of what is happening and you totally get what is going on. I love that when I talk to you I laugh so hard I snot or cry. I love that we tortured our little brothers together. I love that I can call you and complain or whine about anything, and you make me feel totally justified. I love that I never had to share you with any other sisters while we grew up. (Unless Christina had been a "blood" sister and then the three of us would have tortured the boys together.) I love that my Heavenly Father sent me a friend, one that I would have no matter what.

Happy Birthday sis. I cannot wait to see you this summer. Let's sit on the porch at Mom and Dad's and I'll feed you poisonous berries...ok we'll eat chips and salsa.

Emily, I love you more than I can say.

7 comments:

Ma n Pa said...

Happy Birthday, Emily! Thank you for blessing our lives.

I love this picture, too.
I think that this picture shows two happy little girls right before I (Mom)grabbed the two of you and put you in the tub. But before I could get you in the door, someone must have said, "Oh, let's take a picture first!" My guess is that it was either Dad or Grandma Nelson.

Ma n Pa said...

Mom and I have to laugh everytime we see this picture. It makes us so happy to think of you two. What a blessing and joy you have both been in our lives. I can't imagine life without you.
You know, I don't remember the boys complaining about the torture sessions.
Love you.

Emily said...

Maryann, thanks for being my sister & for making me cry just now. You are the best.

Looking forward to chips & salsa on Mom's porch this summer. Don't worry, I'll wear a shirt.

Emily said...

& I love you too.

Maryann said...

Em, If I had the outfit I'm wearing in that picture today I would totally wear it too!

Christy said...

Hey I know I'm only a psuedo relative, but I love this picture and this post! Emily is a fabulous sister and I'm also grateful to have her in my life too. Thanks for sharing her with us!

Matthew said...

Love that picture.