Monday, October 5, 2009

Season Over....

On Saturday the Broncos 2009 season ended for Landon. They lost their star quarterback and outside line backer. He made an awesome tackle, but in the process broke his wrist. He walked off the field holding his wrist, Jeff looked over and saw him and knew instantly something was wrong. Landon sat on the bench for a minute or two hoping the pain would subside and he could get back in the game, but it was not to be. Jeff called me just as I was pulling in the Sport's Complex and told me to meet him at the ER. Because I was so close I picked them up and we drove together to the brand new ER they built just down the road from us. The ER told us Landon was the 20th Little League football injury they had treated that day and it was only 12:30. I was plannng on a stern "talking to" from the doctor, but instead got a "Hey, I had this exact same injury when I played football! You are going to fine!!! Plus, I broke both my ankles!!" (Great, thanks Doc..) So Landon is on the couch today, bored stiff and upset that he can't finish his season. His team did call us while we were still in the ER to yell into the phone "WE WON!!!"


Jeff and Landon were arguing about which finger they would have amputated if given a choice...sheesh.



Landon is a seriously tough kid...I am still surprised we escaped little league football without more trips to the ER.



Seriously hurts...



"Now I know how Brian Urlacher feels."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow-I never knew that little league football was so dangerous. I hope that if I have boys they won't want to do it but I am sure they will.

Landon-you are a tough kid-I think I would have been alot more upset-like crying-if it were me with a broken wrist. Sorry you missed the rest of the game and good luck with healing-Hope you get that cast off soon.

Emily said...

I love the orange tights. (Maybe they aren't called tights in football.) Let's have this be the only trip to the ER for a long, long time. Get well soon Landon. Keep that wrist iced & elevated!

Word verification: ressest. Make sure Landon gets a lot of that while he's recovering!

Daron and Christina said...

Tough little man that Lando. Way to hang in there, glad to heat that your team won. Thanks to you and that tackle.

Also, if I had to have a finger cutoff, it would be my left pinky. I really never use it.

Ma n Pa said...

We love you, Landon. The photos bring back memories...
Take good care of each other, everyone!

dennis said...

ah broken bones...and funky fresh jazz tunes! now thats my kind of blog! rock on land man and remember, just because you have a cast...doesnt mean the sports fun has to stop. the cast baseball season is just beginning...

libra said...

HAI HOW ARE YOU..?