Today is Jeff's birthday and instead of he and I being able to enjoy a date night at a nice Italian restaurant, he is taking Haylie out on a Daddy-Daughter date. (I am kind of a jealous wife tonight.) Of course, 6 months ago, when he promised Haylie that when a "certain movie" came out he would take her opening night on a date, he didn't realize it would fall on his birthday. So off Jeff goes to celebrate his birthday, as every Daddy should, at the movie theatre with countless squealing preteen girls and their mothers.
Jeff and I can't ignore the fact that there may be a day in the not so distant future when Haylie would rather go with someone else to the opening night of a movie... (group date of course, and after Jeff has described how many ways there are to dismember a body to a scared, pimply High School Junior...)so he is taking advantage of the opportunity now. I however don't think Haylie will ever turn down a chance to have dinner and go to a movie with her Daddy. Is there ever a time when any little girl is more of a princess than when she is with her Dad?
4 comments:
Happy birthday, Jeff. I forgot to call you yesterday, but I guess you were gone anyway.
Matthew
What movie did you go see?
One guess, yup...Hannah Montana.
That is an amazing dad to go to opening night of Hannah Montana with his daughter-I don't think I could do it being a female let alone a male.
Hopefully you two got some alone time together later to celebrate his birthday.
And Hope you had a Happy Easter.
Post a Comment