This year, the entire family agreed that we should do something together for the ward Halloween party, and spent two days throwing out ideas to each other. We decided on an X-Files theme, Jeff and I were FBI agents with the X-Files and the kids were aliens. I think that our costumes were lost on a lot of people in our ward, but most of them knew exactly what we were. We had such a great time! Jeff did such a great job on our badges...they were awesome!!
An old man in our ward asked me how I ever expected Haylie to find a husband if I dressed her up like an alien. I told him she was only eight and he told me it didn't matter....whatever.
Happy Halloween everyone!!! If anyone is interested in coming to the trick-or-treating center of the universe, let us know. Trick-or-treating starts promptly at 4:00 pm on the 31st and won't end until 11:00 pm or later. Bring two pillowcases, you will need them both. Also, there are often leftover fireworks from the Fourth of July being set off. I am NOT kidding.
Enjoy the pictures...
4 comments:
Maraynn, I am (nearly) speechless! Those are the coolest Halloween costumes I've ever seen. Awesome. You guys look great. Looks like so much fun! Our ward didn't have a party this year, (Hello Elder's Quorumn!!!) but next time they do, we might have to steal this idea.
I would LOVE to come to Pendleton for Halloween! I have a feeling my girls would love it too. Two pillowcases?!? & fireworks?!?! Dang. TQ trick-or-treating is about 1/50th of that. But at least it won't be too cold! (I'm trying to look on the bright side, but I'm grasping at straws here.)
& that old man in your ward... I don't understand what he's talking about, but it made me laugh. Is she going to continue to dress up like an alien for the rest of her life? Because you dressed her as one when she was eight? On HALLOWEEN? Weirdo.
When are you guys gonna visit again? Let's plan a reunion for next summer. (Or sooner if you want!) We need to visit you out there too... Hmmm...
Coolest costumes ever.
Cool. Very cool. Landon and Haylie are the cutest (I mean COOLEST) aliens ever! Jeff & Maryann - WOW! I will call you when I have any questions about aliens!
Have fun trick-or-treating, you lucky people right in the center of (and I quote) "the trick-or-treating motherlode!" Those who have visited Summer Lake, Pendleton, Indiana, know exactly what Maryann was talking about.
Love to you all,
Mom
Great costumes!!!!! What a fabulous idea, you look fabulous. I'm wondering how I dressed up when I was 8-I'm still not married... (I spy on your family from time to time-blame Emily for linking you on her site-we're just one VERY big happy family)
Post a Comment