So today was the day! Back to school. Landon and Haylie had no trouble getting up this morning after the lazy summer, but I have a feeling the enthusiasm may wear off. Landon is in 5th grade and Haylie is in 3rd. They both have really wonderful teachers that suite them both perfectly.
I did drive the kids to school today, for my own selfish reasons (some of you may remember the empty styrofoam cup analogy). Both kids informed me it was unnecessary in any way for me to be there. I promised Landon I would not kiss him in front of his new class, and promised Haylie I would let her lead the way to her new class and if she saw her friends I would let her walk with them, so they reluctantly agreed I could tag along. I was a bit teary leaving the school without my children, but I was also grateful that they are both confident, and happy, ready to take on a new year.
I am also eternally grateful to my righteous husband and father of my children. I know the kids do not yet fully appreciate the tender blessing Jeff gave each of them last night, but as their mother it's the last line of defense I feel like we as parents can give them as we send them out into the world.
4 comments:
Thank you for all the pictures! As soon as I wipe the tears away, I will be able to see them more clearly. I love you all,
Mom/Booma
You got some great pictures didn't you? & thank you for writing so many of those little details & thoughts that we miss out on being so far away. I love reading this blog.
Matthew is in charge of MATURATION DAY at his two elementary schools this year. If you ask me, Jeff is getting the easy end of the deal. Me & you & our daughters will be a different story.
Before I read your blog, I looked at the pictures & right after, How cute! I thought, Haylie's feet are kinda big. (Not in a bad way - that came out sounding way worse than it did in my head.) Then I read that they're nearly as big as Landon's! You go girl! I have big feet to Haylie Baylie.
Oh, & Haylie's hair is SO CUTE! & by cute I mean gorgeous. Does she love it? I want my hair to look like that. :)
Wow i miss you guys!!
Landon and Haylie you both look great! Landon looks ready to take on the entire world in any sort of competition ever. Haylie looks gorgeous.
Maryann & Jeff you really have beautiful children. If anyone is ready to take on Indiana's public schools, it is those two.
Post a Comment